London is a big part of the international fashion scene, and the English capital has a trend-setting style all of its own.
This city is home to major designers such as Vivienne Westwood, Stella Mccartney, Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, Galliano and many others, and its world-renowned art and fashion schools make it an international centre of fashion in the realms of Paris, Milan and New York.
If you are craving a weekend getaway why not spend it in London where you can shop until you drop? It’s a great city to add some chic new pieces to your wardrobe.
Here are some ideas to help you plan your fabulous retail therapy retreat to London:
- First, get an idea of what you want to buy. Are you looking for the ultimate pair of thigh high boots, a slinky party dress, or a pair of designer jeans? Having a search image in mind will help you focus your shopping efforts. However, don’t be too focused, or you could miss the other gorgeous items you might discover along the way.
- Head to Oxford Street first. This has been the shopping centre of the universe in London since 1908, and you will find a store selling absolutely anything you need here. Almost all of the major retail chains in the UK have their flagship branches along Oxford Street.
- If you are looking for the absolute finest in designer label style, take a stroll down Bond Street. This is one of the most premier luxury shopping streets in London, and it features brands and designer labels that are recognized the world over.
- Remember, clothes make the man! Guys who want to look incredibly smart should head to Saville Row, where they can find some of the highest quality men’s suits in the world.
- Are you a shoe-a-holic? Covent Garden will be paradise for you, and particularly Neal Street where almost every shop you will see as you stroll along sells beautiful shoes.
- Why not take a break from shopping and learn a bit more about the history of fashion? The Fashion and Textile Museum is located in the heart of Bermondsey Village and is a well known centre for contemporary clothing, textiles and jewellery. It was founded by Zandra Rhodes, the famous British designer and it displays many fascinating exhibits about the fashion industry. The venue also often hosts fashion shows and product launches, so if you are lucky you might catch one of these events
On your shopping weekend in London, don’t forget to consider the hotel as well. You will want to stay somewhere trendy and fabulous, close to lots of shops. Perhaps look for something in the fashionable West End near to Oxford Street.
London is an incredibly fashionable city, and all of the fabulous clothing, jewellery and shoes on display here will make your head spin! Have a great time shopping your heart out in London, and finding that perfect new addition to your wardrobe.